Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Need help configuring your plug-ins? This is the place to ask the miniDSP community for help. Please read manual first to limit 101 questions.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: DDRC-24 Dirac - No devices found

DDRC-24 Dirac - No devices found 1 week 16 hours ago #44856

• FrogfootUK
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I have 2x4HD upgraded to DDRC-24 and have come across the following problem.

All software installed as per the addendum to the manual...

'DDRC_24_108_Dirac2_fw_v1_10' downloaded,
New firmware flashed - 'DDRC-24_XMOS_v1.10.bin'
Windows 10 USB drivers installed - 'miniDSP_UAC2_v4.67.0_2019-08-15_setup.exe'
DDR24 plugin installed
UMIK-1 installed and working.
Dirac Live 2 software downloaded and installed - 'DiracLive v2.2.3 Setup Windows.exe'

Initially everything worked fine and I performed a successful set of measurements and created a filter with the default curve.
I saved the project and exited the Dirac app, I then tested the new Dirac filter and was impressed.
However when I tried to restart the Dirac app the next day (from the 'Start Dirac Software' button in the plugin) The Dirac software reports 'No Devices found'.
After much faffing around (turning off/on MiniDSP), rebooting the PC etc) I uninstalled the Windows 10 USB drivers, and reinstalled them. Bingo, Dirac found the device again.
This seems to happen each time the system is rebooted.
Any ideas?
Tom
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DDRC-24 Dirac - No devices found 1 week 6 hours ago #44863

• soundfx222
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
HI,
Found this article about USB drivers missing with every reboot, Method #2 looks promising. It may have to do with power management of devices. Thx.

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/foru...ba-9426-3f8b88e15c3f
Last Edit: 1 week 6 hours ago by soundfx222.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FrogfootUK

DDRC-24 Dirac - No devices found 1 week 5 hours ago #44869

• FrogfootUK
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for your help, however I don't think its a USB power saving issue, as a) it happens on reboot, not after a period of idle time/sleep and b) the miniDSP is self powered so the OS powering down the device would have no effect. A search on Google shows quite few threads on similar 'Device not found' problems

I'm currently working through all the myriad of suggestions in those threads!

DDRC-24 Dirac - No devices found 4 days 14 hours ago #44906

• FrogfootUK
  • Fresh Boarder
Having spent hours troubleshooting this, and confirming that

a) the correct drivers were indeed still installed and working after a reboot, and that the devices (UMIK-1, DDR2x4n in 'MiniDSP USB 2.0 audio devices', and DDR2x4n in 'Sound Video and Game controllers') were showing no errors in Device manager.

b) No other processes were using ports 8080, 5000, 11113, 11115 and 11117

c) confirming that if I unplugged the USB cable from the DDRC24, and uninstalled the 'miniDSP USB Audio class2 driver v4.67.0' from add remove programs. Then re installed the drivers using 'miniDSP_UAC2_v4.67.0_2019-08-15_setup.exe' . Then plugged in the DDRC24 USB cable, the Dirac live software would once again find the device. However after a reboot I would have to repeat the above procedure to get it working again.

The solution was to uninstall Dirac Live 2.2.2 and install 2.2.1, It now works every time, reinstalling 2.2.2 breaks it again.

***Update*** Its stopped working, with 2.2.1 now, so God knows whats going on. I'm about ready to give up!
Last Edit: 4 days 6 hours ago by FrogfootUK.
Moderators: devteam