Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Need help configuring your plug-ins? This is the place to ask the miniDSP community for help. Please read manual first to limit 101 questions.

NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: IL-DSP DSP configuration protocol over USB

IL-DSP DSP configuration protocol over USB 1 week 2 days ago #43918

• supercurio
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Multidisciplinary software R&D
Hi!

Thanks for making the IL-DSP, I just received mine and I'm really happy:
I've been hoping for this kind of hardware for many years, mostly to compensate for the lack of system-wide EQ on mobile operating systems.

However I'm immediately facing an obvious limitation: a complete lack of mobile devices support on the software side.

Use case: I'll use the USB DAC+DSP mostly on my phone with 3 types of headphones, each needing a different correction.
On desktop? The IL-DSP is not that useful: software correction do the job just fine (eqMac2 on MacOS, my own software on Linux).

Furthermore, I have in the works for some time a mobile app that allows to interactively generate correction parametric EQ biquads, and I was hoping to send use the IL-DSP as target hardware.

Now, there are two main ways to make this possible:
  1. miniDSP opening and documenting the USB protocol used to send and apply filters to the IL-DSP
  2. miniDSP writing a closed, basic Android app sends filter configuration to the IL-DSP over USB, and accepts filter input from external app. Like an automated "import from biquads.txt" functionality

Each approach has pros and cons.

As senior software engineer by trade with years of experience of Android development, who worked with an audio company for some time: I'd be happy to help you in this journey.
What do you think?
Calibrate all the things :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

IL-DSP DSP configuration protocol over USB 1 week 1 day ago #43938

• supercurio
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Multidisciplinary software R&D
No answer from @devteam
Are you (quietly) suggesting reverse-engineering of the IL-DSP USB protocol?
Calibrate all the things :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam