Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Need help configuring your plug-ins? This is the place to ask the miniDSP community for help. Please read manual first to limit 101 questions.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

HP - LP filters 11 years 10 months ago #134

• davidss1
  • davidss1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
hi guys,
great concept.
realistically,what is the timeline for a plugin that has both high and low pass filters available in all passbands in both stereo 2 way and 4 way configs?(loosing an eq filter to allow this fuctionality would be a fair trade off for me)
this is a very important requirement for my intended application .

on another matter,,i will be in hk next week and would like to ,if possible see a bench test or similar of the minidsp?

cheers,,,,,,dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:HP - LP filters 11 years 10 months ago #137

• devteam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1338
Dave,

Thanks for your interest,

Stereo 2 way is already there but I'm not sure what you mean by "available in all pass bands. Could you please clarify?
Stereo 4 way (under a single plug-in) is actually not on any of the upcoming planned tasks right now. Having a lot of new features to introduce in the next few months (filter slopes/advanced plug-ins..etc) and a lot of new hardware platforms, it's just not realistic for us to give a time-line for such plug-in when we have already so much on our plate.

As for the demo, our kits are unfortunately only installed in private installations which would make it impossible to tun a demo. We're trying to work a relationship with a couple of local Hifi shops but nothing materialized so I'm afraid this won't work.

miniDSP dev team
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

Re:HP - LP filters 11 years 10 months ago #138

• davidss1
hi,,thnx for the reply.
what i meant was ,for example in your stereo plugin,it has a low pass filter only in the low output section,and a high pass only on the high passband section.i could be wrong,but it appears so from the pictures in the plugin manual.
passband /bandpass refers to the spectoral range of each output.(slight typo on my behalf,i can see the confusion it could have created)
so i am asking if u have already,or is it possible to have both a high and low pass filter applied to all outputs?
the picture shown in 4 way mono manual is a bit confusing to me also,,it is showing passband one open with a control for high and low pass settings,which are both set to 200hz,but the trace shown on the graph would indicate that this passband hp is actually [email protected],so i am wondering if the highpass control shown is for this band or the lower edge of the ajacent band?
i hope u can understand what i am asking.
cheers,,dave.
p.s. sad to learn a demo is not possible,i would have enjoyed the time to chat with u guys also.
are there any units available for direct purchase when i am in hk?

Last edit: by davidss1.

Re:HP - LP filters 11 years 10 months ago #139

• devteam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1338
David,

Ok, I now understand what you meant.

Stereo Crossover: Yes you are correct that currently, this board is LP on OUT1&3, and HP on OUT2&4. In the future, we do plan to change it. Just no timeline at the time being. we'll try to update that when things settle a bit more.

Four way crossover: This plug-in is 4 x real Bandpass filters, so in effect (LP + HP) for each output. The picture you're referring to is just because we bypassed the HP on OUT1, and LP on OUT4. So even though it's shown as a frequency, filter on the picture, noticed that the HP is actually disabled on that config. They are however there to be enabled if needed. Hope this answers your question.

We do hope to one day build a sales/demo room but our office is currently engineering/dev only. We could maybe meet for coffee sometime when you're in HK? I can bring a board to show you what it is. Fire me an email @ This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we'll see if/where we can find a time to meet up.

Tony
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

Re:HP - LP filters 11 years 10 months ago #140

• davidss1
hi tony,,i feel totally stupid after ur explanation and having another look at the manual for the 4 way,i dont know how i missed that .
good news to hear that the stereo 2 way will eventually include high and low for all outs.
any chance of limiters with that ?(kinda thinking along the lines of self powered dsp controlled speakers for semi-pro live applications)
as far as i know i will be staying around queens central road ,,and probably free next tues,wed.it would be great to meet u for a coffee.
i will email u a bit closer to the time to see if u r free.
cheers,,,dave.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam