Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Need help configuring your plug-ins? This is the place to ask the miniDSP community for help. Please read manual first to limit 101 questions.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ambiophonics not showing lo-pass 4 years 9 months ago #31227

• sly
  • sly's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 122
So I started playing around with Ambiophonics. Amazing! I'm surprised I didn't try this earlier. It is seriously making me consider changing my home theater from a 7.1 surround system to a 4.1 system. The soundstage is so balanced and natural. You can see the image precisely in 3D space that wasn't there before, even with FIR impulse corrected 7.1 surround sound.

Now onto the minor issue... I installed the plugin on my 2x4 and noticed that I don't have a low pass filter setting. It only has a high pass filter. The manual clearly shows that there should be both a high pass and low pass option... Is this a recent change to get rid of the low pass filter or is something wrong with my install? Windows7 64 bit OS...

Is there still a low pass filter in place even if it's not adjustable? I really don't want to use crosstalk cancellation on my subwoofers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ambiophonics not showing lo-pass 4 years 9 months ago #31274

• devteam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1338
@ Sly

Glad to hear that you're having fun with Ambiophonics. It's indeed pretty impressive results.. :-)
No LPF control indeed, it's been a while since we removed the control as per talks with Ralph a while ago (more than 4years ago so can't remember all details).

Devteam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

Ambiophonics not showing lo-pass 1 year 4 months ago #50512

• Javito
  • Thank you received: 0
It's a pitty because those LP HP filters are one of the reasons I git this device. If you put them back in a future version, please, let us know!

• Page:
Moderators: devteam