Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Need help configuring your plug-ins? This is the place to ask the miniDSP community for help. Please read manual first to limit 101 questions.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Adobe Air App Duplicator Tip 6 years 8 months ago #25139

• Jim the Oldbie
  • Jim the Oldbie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 80
Howdy folks.

I've read a message or two here from people who have had trouble getting this app to work. I've been using it for quite awhile now, but I recently had to reinstall my nanoAVR apps after rearranging some stuff on the laptop, and couldn't get it to work again. During installation of the 2nd instance of the app, I would click on the 'Copy" box in the Duplicator program, and nothing would happen.

It was then that I remembered that I had to click "Run as Administrator" to run Air App Duplicator, even though I was already logged in with admin privileges on Windows 7. That solved the problem for me, and I was able to reinstall a nanoAVR2 app & folder. Thought I'd mention it here in case it might make it work for someone else.

-- Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jim the Oldbie.

Adobe Air App Duplicator Tip 6 years 8 months ago #25150

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1451
As usual, Jim is surprising us with cool tricks! :-)
We actually didn't know of this app, but we're going to investigate!

Very neat indeed.. Note to others that this trick will only work to have dual, live control, if you have IP control (e.g. nanoAVR + fixed ip box).
If you have USB, you'd still need to move the USB port from one unit to the other as there isn't a way to uniquely identify a unit.

Anyway, thanks for the trick Jim!

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

Adobe Air App Duplicator Tip 6 years 8 months ago #25159

• Jim the Oldbie
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Huh, I thought you guys knew all about this app - I first posted here about it, over a year ago. Anyway, for those unfamiliar:

Chris Deely's AirAppDuplicator

This is an Adobe Air app that simply allows you to run more than one instance of another Air app, in this case the nanoAVR plugin. (Normally, only one instance of an Air app is allowed.) It lets you create a separate data storage folder for each instance. This works great for multiple nanoAVRs (via IP, not USB, as devteam mentioned above), at least on Windows. Using 2 nanoAVRs, I can start up one instance for each, then Alt-Tab back and forth between them to make adjustments. This process would be much more difficult without this handy little app. Just remember to click "Run as Administrator." :)

-- Jim

Last edit: by Jim the Oldbie.

Adobe Air App Duplicator Tip 2 years 10 months ago #46954

• Jim the Oldbie
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
One other thing about this: After all these years, I found myself reinstalling the nanoAVR plugins after "upgrading" to Windows 10. When I went to install the Air App Duplicator app, I got an error message telling me the installer package was broken.

After some Googling, I found that this is sometimes caused by an app's certificate having expired. The fix is to set your PC date back a few years, install the app, then set your date back to normal. It worked! (I set my date back to 2017 to install the Air App Duplicator, and I'm now back to communicating with both nanoAVRs from one laptop.

Ironically, I haven't felt the need to tweak anything on this setup for quite a long time, but one never knows... :)

• Page:
Moderators: devteam