Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Reset Volumio configuration 1 month 3 weeks ago #56825

• devteam
  • devteam's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1300
Dear All, 

For those of you who might have a corrupted Volumio Configuration, unable to access their web page, please note that it's indeed possible to reset it with a simple THUMB drive with the below instructions. We'll make sure to add them to our upcoming new user manual being updated for a good reason.. ;-) 

Hoping this helps you! Feel free to start a support ticket with our team if any questions. 

Factory Reset Via USB Thumb Drive 
• Get a USB thumb drive 
• Format your USB thumb drive as: FAT32 
• Download the factory reset file from: repo.volumio.org/Primo/factory_reset  
• Copy the file on the thumb drive and make sure it's called exactly "factory_reset" (Do not rename this after download) 
• Remove power from the SHD 
• Insert the thumb drive into the USB of the streamer 
• Apply power to the SHD and turn the unit ON with the remote (out of standby). It will reset the unit for you. 
 IMPORTANT: During this phase the unit might restart multiple times and this factory reset will take about ten minutes.

• Volumio will now be back to the factory default stored on your SD card. You will want to upgrade to the latest version found under the Web GUI interface of Volumio. 

miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ultrasonic, tfischer, JaapDeventer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by devteam.

Reset Volumio configuration 1 month 2 weeks ago #56884

• Ultrasonic
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 277

• Apply power to the SHD and turn the unit ON with the remote (out of standby). It will reset the unit for you. 

Can I clarify this point please? If I turn my SHD on with the power switch on the rear then it is 'on' rather than in 'standby'. If I put it into standby (by holding down the control knob on the front of the SHD and releasing at the right time) then it is impossible to bring it back out of standby by using my (original version) remote control. What I have to do is press the conrtol knob on the front of the SHD itself. 

I normally leave my SHD on all of the time but when I do occasionally turn it off with the switch at the back it oftern takes turning it off and on again a few times before Volumio starts OK. I was therefore thinking I'd try the reset you've posted about but want to be sure about the process before I try

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Ultrasonic.
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam