Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: SHD Studio / Volumio / Tidal - audio resampling

SHD Studio / Volumio / Tidal - audio resampling 1 day 10 hours ago #53209

• Der_Dinky
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I've a question on the settings in the volumio app for Tidal.

I stream Tidal Hifi (Master) with my SHD Studio, the digital output (spdif) is sent to my digital active speakers (Canton Smart A 45 which supports 32 kHz...96 kHz/8 Bit...24 Bit).

In the volumio app I can select audio resampling.
Is it meaningful to activate this?
If yes, which settings are the best for the SHD Studio in connection with the digital output?

When playing songs volumio shows for the Tidal master files 44.1 / 24 bit.
Or is the Tidal premium account sufficient as SHD does not play MQA?

Thank you in advance!

Marcus
Last Edit: 1 day 9 hours ago by Der_Dinky.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SHD Studio / Volumio / Tidal - audio resampling 1 day 5 hours ago #53225

• Juoigâ
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
The SHD will do resampling (if needed) to its internal 96kHz anyway, so best to leave Volumio to not do anything

SHD Studio / Volumio / Tidal - audio resampling 17 hours 51 minutes ago #53251

• andrewjaye
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I'm using a 2x4 HD, but the first year or so with it I spent comparing different resampling configurations using Audirvana's inbuilt iZotope SRC option. I tried lots of configurations, from upsampling everything to 192khz, sample rate x2, everything to 96khz, along with various respective filter parameters along the way. My initial thinking was that converting everything to 96khz in the software would alleviate some of the workload of the miniDSP hardware,. Granted I am not a sampling theory expert, but now I'm not so sure it matters being an asynchronous DAC as it still relies on the miniDSP for the master clock.

Did I hear differences along the way? Yes, with some recordings, and to be honest usually anything noticeable was not an improvement.

I then decided to bypass any software SRC all together and just play files in their native sample rate.. It's been over 2 years and I haven't thought about messing with it again yet. Certainly not scientific nor definitive, take that for what it's worth.

In other words I agree with Juoiga, I wouldn't bother with and resampling in volumio.

SHD Studio / Volumio / Tidal - audio resampling 1 hour 19 minutes ago #53271

• Der_Dinky
  • Fresh Boarder
Perfect, understood!
Thank‘s a lot, I deactivated now the resampling in Volumino.
Moderators: devteam