Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: SHD analog input ADC?

SHD analog input ADC? 2 months 4 hours ago #51983

• speedgeek
  • Fresh Boarder
Is Dirac Live only for the digital domain? I.E. if I connect to the analog inputs the SHD will do ADC before Dirac correction? Also, do the analog inputs take input directly from a turntable or from a phono preamp?

Thanks in advance,
Aaron
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SHD analog input ADC? 2 months 1 hour ago #51985

• rodrigaj
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
speedgeek wrote:
Is Dirac Live only for the digital domain? I.E. if I connect to the analog inputs the SHD will do ADC before Dirac correction? Also, do the analog inputs take input directly from a turntable or from a phono preamp?

Thanks in advance,
Aaron

From page 43 of the SHD manual:

Although not shown on the diagram, ADC on the analog will be done prior to Dirac. Analog inputs can take input directly from a phono preamp. There have been discussions about doing RIAA curve in the digital domain, but the consensus is that a phono preamp is more suited for this function. I run my Avid Pulsus Phono Preamp into the SHD and have been very satisfied with the results.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam