Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Streaming Bitrates??? 9 months 2 weeks ago #52203

• czupet
  • Thank you received: 1
when playing Tidal Master (a Star is Born soundtrack) through Volumio, 48/24 rate is displayed. When I play the same album on my Win10 PC Tidal application in exclusive mode with 'Passthrough MQA' disabled (the first MQA unfold is enabled in the app) I see 96kHz rate is received by SHD.
It would be cool if Volumio/SHD was able to do at least the first unfold (anyway my DAC doesn't do MQA so I won't experience the full 192kHz), but from the numbers it looks like it doesn't.

Anyway it does a decent job in terms of audio quality. at first glance the sound is cleaner then from PC app.

Do you know guys if MiniDSP has any plans to introduce MQA?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Streaming Bitrates??? 1 week 4 days ago #56973

• Hoon
  • Thank you received: 1
Although I've gone through this and other similar topics in the forum as well, I'm still not 100% sure I'm optimizing my gear. I own a Studio SHD connected to a Topping D70s DAC via AES/EBU and that to a power amp. Volume is controlled by the SHD. D70s is used as pure DAC. Here are my doubts :

- I think it should be like that but no matter the content I play ( 192kHz...) or source ( Qobuz, Tidal, local files ) the DAC always displays 96kHz.

-There's no way I can get USB audio out of the studio to feed the USB in of my DAC, correct ?

-On the MQA topic....not to discuss on the benefits of the format.I'm skeptical as well but I'm curious. If I understood correctly, a compatible DAC can fully decode MQA files only if the signal is "pure" ( no room eq, DSP...). I've seen folks around here asking for MQA compatibility...we even have a toggle button in Volumio that I'm not sure what it does.....but anyhow, just to confirm, to use the SHD for streaming MQA you'd need to turn off Dirac or any PEQ....Is that right ? Huge trade off if that is the case.....

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Hoon.
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam