Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: SHD - can both XLR & unbalanced outs be used?

SHD - can both XLR & unbalanced outs be used? 5 days 15 hours ago #51251

• gguillot
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a setup with 2 full range speakers (Focal 906) (L&R) driven from one amp via XLR inputs, 2 mid bass speakers (ceiling mounted subs) (L&R) driven from another amp via XLR inputs and a powered Rythmik sub for very low end (can use balanced or unbalanced inputs.)

Can I use the 4 XLR outputs to drive L&R channels for both full range and mid bass, and then use one or two of the unbalanced outs to drive the Rythmik subwoofer?

I want to use the SHD as both an active crossover for all 5 speakers, plus utilize Dirac to optimize output to all 5 speakers independently.

The SHD will sit behind the DAC and preamp and before the amplifiers.

Finally, can the volume control be bypassed?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SHD - can both XLR & unbalanced outs be used? 5 days 7 hours ago #51253

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 153
The SHD has 4 independent output channels. You can simultaneously use XLR and RCA outputs but they are paired so that XLR output 1 and RCA output 1 will be sent the same signal etc.

So no, an SHD can't do what you want.
Last Edit: 5 days 7 hours ago by Ultrasonic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gguillot

SHD - can both XLR & unbalanced outs be used? 4 days 17 hours ago #51274

• gguillot
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the response.

Would the DDRC-88A be the correct product for this application then? I want to apply DSP correction to every speaker independently - 5 speakers in total.

SHD - can both XLR & unbalanced outs be used? 4 days 17 hours ago #51276

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 153
What frequency range are you sending to your ceiling speakers? My gut feeling on how best to improve your system would be to stop using these completely and them use an SHD to optimally integrate your main speakers and sub.

SHD - can both XLR & unbalanced outs be used? 4 days 15 hours ago #51278

• gguillot
  • Fresh Boarder
I've got those ceiling subs limited to 100hz with crossovers. Simplifying the system might be a good place to start. I would have less invested in an SHD than the additional amp and DDRC88a needed in order to run them all independently.
Moderators: devteam