Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Questions about digital output of SHD

Questions about digital output of SHD 3 weeks 5 days ago #50988

• HNarita
  • Fresh Boarder
I am a DDRC24 and SHD user. I have been using two external NOS DACs for SHD via coaxial since September last year. In August of this year, we uploaded femme wear and started using Dirac 3. However, the external DAC can no longer be used. Of course, there is No problem analog output.
I confirmed some external DACs, but only RME BabyFace without coaxial operated through coaxial-optical conversion.
All other 3 types (coaxial compatible) do not work even through the converter.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

When the FI Audio interconnect iPurifier SPDIF 2 is connected to the SHD coaxial output, a white LED indicating 192KHz is displayed.

The attached image is
1) 48KHz is blue
2) 3) 48KHz is displayed in white (192KHz) via SHD
4) Input 192KHz from DAP to IFI and check white.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by HNarita. Reason: There is no problem with analog, but I could not describe it well
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Questions about digital output of SHD 3 weeks 3 days ago #51016

• gbr
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I am not sure that I understand your problem and question correctly, but as far as I know, the SHD digital out is 96kHz in 24bit.

Questions about digital output of SHD 3 weeks 3 days ago #51033

• HNarita
  • Fresh Boarder
When I purchased the SHD, I inquired about the 96KHz output and obtained the NOSDAC board.
However, after updating the firmware, all SHD output signals will be displayed as white 192KHz in the DDC obtained this time.
Adjust the white 192kHz music output from the DAP to the DDC and DA convert it to play the music.
However, via SHD, the DDC displays white 192KHz, but when I listen to it with earphones, I just say "puzzle".

Questions about digital output of SHD 3 weeks 3 days ago #51034

• dreite
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 664
The SHD outputs PCM at 96khz. If your iFi unit indicates otherwise, it is incorrect.

Dave.

Questions about digital output of SHD 3 weeks 1 day ago #51056

• HNarita
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you very much for your reply.

If I put 96KHz music from the DAP into the DDC, the magenda will be displayed on the DDC.
However, all DDCs display white (192KHz) via SHD.

Is there any problem with playback with SGD + DAC?
The frequency of the SHD output does not matter. The problem is that the music does not play from the DAC because it makes a popping sound.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 weeks 1 day ago by HNarita.

Questions about digital output of SHD 3 weeks 1 day ago #51057

• gbr
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
HNarita wrote:
When I purchased the SHD, I inquired about the 96KHz output and obtained the NOSDAC board.
However, after updating the firmware, ...

I guess this was an update of the SHD firmware not of the NOSDAC? In this case I would contact the minidsp support.

I am using the SHD Studio connected to active speakers with digital in. The maximum quality the speakers do understand is 96kHz/24bit. So I think the SHD does output this correctly.

But who knows where the incompatibility is in your case? Can you manually force the DAC to 96kHz to see if this would work?
Moderators: devteam