Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Volume control is out of control

Volume control is out of control 11 months 1 day ago #49232

• Mike-48
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Not using the feature (returning to fixed volume in Volumio) would surely be my preference.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Volume control is out of control 9 months 4 weeks ago #49849

• Espowilleit
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Just in case you are not aware yet, as MiniDSP does not list Volumio updates and releases in the "User Downloads" section . A new Volumio release v1.062 is available. It seems like my volume control issue (max volume after reboot) as described above seems to be fixed.

www.minidsp.com/forum/shd-series/17560-v...-update-v1-062#49848
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ultrasonic

Volume control is out of control 9 months 4 weeks ago #49851

• gbr
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Thank you for reporting the availability of the update.

Unfortunately this does not fix the behavior. I Have updated the volumio firmware and tried it with the new linn kazoo app und the lumin app (both iOS).

The behavior is a little bit different than before: The volume in the apps always shows 100%. Even when trying to reduce it in the app. IIRC in the old version you could savely us the app to control the volume as long you did not use the remote control.

Do I need to do something additional than only updating the volumio firmware? Is there a new SHD firmware as well? Or do I need to restart the system?

Volume control is out of control 9 months 4 weeks ago #49852

• dishio
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
The update has solved most of the issue for me. Now the volume in the minidsp and in mconnect are more correctly linked.

It’s still a little more perfectible than one would hope for because each “click” on the volume of my iPhone/mconnect is an 8dB volume change. ( if I recall correctly) That’s quite a lot and can be surprising.

But the main issue has been solved. So we are back on a usable system.

Volume control is out of control 9 months 3 weeks ago #49908

• gbr
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
just a small update: the volume control does work now. Changing it with the remote control does change it in the app as well. I do not know why it did not work right after the volumio update. Maybe I had to restart the apps?
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam