Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Volumio fails to scan from NAS

Volumio fails to scan from NAS 3 months 2 weeks ago #48960

When I mount a NAS (CIFS) in Volumio the UI shows it as mounted, during indexing the files count goes up but drops then suddenly to 0.
The library is also empty.

1. I have around 2500 music files on the drive. Is this already too much?

2. When I export only a particular folder with ~20 mp3s it works. In case the 2500 is still considered as feasible: are there known issues with file types or file name encodings? A few files on my NAS contain german umlauts.

3. I'd like to debug this on my SHD, is there a way to ssh into the device to inspect log files?

Cheers
Uwe
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Volumio fails to scan from NAS 3 months 2 weeks ago #48964

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1586
I seem to recall there was an issue with a particular file type once, but I don't remember if there was a solution or fix. Can you enable NFS on your NAS? This app note may help - www.minidsp.com/applications/audio-strea...using-a-nas-with-shd
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?

Volumio fails to scan from NAS 3 months 2 weeks ago #48976

Thanks for the suggestion!

I tried NFS but run into the same problem: remote folder is mounted, but the library is not populated / only populated for specific exported folders. CIFS and NFS work / fail for the same folders I tested before. I guess there must be sth else wrong.

I wrote to the support and asked for the ssh credentials. Maybe I'll find something.

Volumio fails to scan from NAS 3 months 2 weeks ago #48996

• jaaptina
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
Using a music server on the nas is a better solution. For example DS mediaserver or Minimserver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: uwe.schmitt

Volumio fails to scan from NAS 3 months 2 weeks ago #49047

Thanks, minimserver works!
Moderators: devteam