Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Bluetooth connetion for SHD?

Bluetooth connetion for SHD? 4 months 1 week ago #48526

All,

I would like to add a bluetooth interface to my SHD. My friend would like to connect their phones and some apps have the casting option disabled such as Zoom. So I can't simply connect those sources to my SHD system.

There are tons of good Bluetooth to analogue devices available such as the iFi ZEN Blue but it makes no sense going from digital to analogue and then connect to the inputs of SHD. And again go through the ADC / DAC of the SHD.

Is there is way to add a bluetooth device to the LAN and have it function as a media server and then connect that server to the SHD ?

Any suggestions/advice is much appreciated.
regards, Peter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bluetooth connetion for SHD? 4 months 1 week ago #48528

• Juoigâ
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
The following user(s) said Thank You: [email protected]

Bluetooth connetion for SHD? 3 months 3 weeks ago #48853

@ Juoigâ: I learned that the new Qualcomm chip CSR8675 is the key component. It supports 24 bit DAC/ADC HD streams over Bluetooth 5.0. But I understand the air interface still uses compression to transport the full stereo HD stream.

I found a similar device with Bluetooth 5.0 and Toslink SPDIF. I'll order one and share my experience.

Thanks so far.
Moderators: devteam