Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us) as this is the official path for support by our team. Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: Whistling noise when using SHD (4300Hz)

Whistling noise when using SHD (4300Hz) 1 month 2 days ago #43345

• closer2000
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
I have noticed a constant whistling tone in my speakers at around 4300Hz when using my SHD regardless of input source. I have previously used an active speaker in the top (HEDD05) but not noticed this tone before. My new speakers are passive and driven by a NuPrime ST-9 connected to the SHD with XLR cables.
Would welcome any ideas about how to solve this.
Best,
/Stefan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Whistling noise when using SHD (4300Hz) 1 month 1 day ago #43355

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1487
That's pretty weird. If it were me I'd identify whether it happens regardless of input, and whether volume changes anything. If it happens even with nothing is connected to the SHD inputs and it doesn't happen when the SHD is disconnected from the NuPrime then perhaps take an RTA of it and open a support ticket?
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?
The following user(s) said Thank You: closer2000

Whistling noise when using SHD (4300Hz) 2 weeks 3 days ago #43789

• closer2000
  • Fresh Boarder
Partially solved by using RCA cables instead of XLR! A bit strange since balanced cables should be more resistant to noise and hum. It is only my ribbon tweeters that pick up the tone (4300 Hz). My AMTs do not. Well, good enough for me anyway.
Moderators: devteam