Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us) as this is the official path for support by our team. Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: Roon lost control of the audio device (USB)

Roon lost control of the audio device (USB) 1 month 3 days ago #43333

• alextab
  • Fresh Boarder
In my quest to figure out a satisfactory source for the SHD I tried today Roon server on an old laptop. The laptop was connected to the SHD via USB. It will begin to play a song (Roon/Tidal) and then suddenly stop with the message that Roon lost control of the device. Perhaps this is a Roon question but in searching on this error message the issues the results do not seem like they would benefit my situation. Any ideas on this? This type of error is some sort of negotiation between the server and the SHD which is going wrong? If I switched to a dumb interface such as TOSLINK optical, such a type of error would not be possible?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Roon lost control of the audio device (USB) 1 month 4 hours ago #43379

• Zornhead
  • Fresh Boarder
Connect each separately to your router . Disconnect USB cable between two. Select SHD as player in roon. Should work but won’t play anything above cd quality

Roon lost control of the audio device (USB) 4 weeks 2 days ago #43389

• alextab
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for the suggestion.

I think I have accepted that I will use a dedicated PC with the system as source and connect it via Toslink. At least that is my interim solution for now.

Roon lost control of the audio device (USB) 4 weeks 2 days ago #43401

• jaaptina
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
My setup is a NAS with Minimserver as music server. I use Bubbleupnp on Android as control point for streaming from the NAS or Tidal. No pc in my setup.
Moderators: devteam