Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us) as this is the official path for support by our team. Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: Using a SUB with SHD Studio

Using a SUB with SHD Studio 6 days 17 hours ago #42633

Greetings! Ihope this is not a duplicate post. I wrote one earlier, but don't see it anywhere so submitting again.

I'm new to the forum and also to using miniDSP. I just ordered an SHD Studio for use in my 2.1 system and looking forward to receiving it. I did not order the full SHD because I do not have or plan to have analog gear - feels like a financial quagmire for a tweaker like me. Anyway, I'm confused about how to hook up the subwoofer to the SHD Studio. My plan is to connect my computer, OPPO 103, and Bryston BDP-1 to the SHD Studio, then the SHD to my DAC, Dac to my Primaluna Dialogue HP Integrated (love this unit!). Right now my sub is hooked to the Primaluna sub line out. It's a powered sub, so I use it's crossover to control frequency and volume.

My speakers are Martin Logan Summit X, so the both have two 10 inch powered subs, totalling four for the system not counting the sub.

I'd sure appreciate your advice on how to integrate the sub to the SHD Studio, or would I be just as good to continue with it connected to the Primaluna and not worry about it?

Thanks everyone! Really excited to get this connected and do some room correction.

Steve
Steve
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Using a SUB with SHD Studio 2 days 1 hour ago #42701

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 998
Hi Steve

Welcome to the miniDSP community!
If you have a a 2.2 setup, then you'd need to use 2 x DACs (one for main, one for subs) so you can get all gear their analog audio they need.
Here is a great way to get started with an SHD (similar concept, just minus the external DACs since they are already in the box)

www.minidsp.com/applications/audio-strea...integration-with-shd

Have fun!

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.

Using a SUB with SHD Studio 2 days 9 minutes ago #42718

• Juoigâ
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Can you sketch how things are hooked up? How are the ML subs connected an filtered?
Moderators: devteam