Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us) as this is the official path for support by our team. Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: Using Volumio with NAS, and library not large?

Using Volumio with NAS, and library not large? 1 week 4 days ago #41770

• xrqp
  • Fresh Boarder
The SHD app notes for "Using a NAS" says "Do not use Volumio for large libraries".
Is 1TB a large library? Is 100 GB a large library?
Is 100,000 files large? Is 10,000 files large?
Can you give a rough order of magnitude?

If I go a little below a "large" library how long should I wait for Volumio to read in (or update) the NAS folder that has the library? 2 hours? 8 hours? 24 hours?
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by xrqp.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Using Volumio with NAS, and library not large? 1 week 3 days ago #41798

• xrqp
  • Fresh Boarder
On a different thread, john.reekie answered this and wrote
I just found this in the Volumio FAQ: "Is there a maximum number of tracks allowed in the music library?
There isn't a maximum number of tracks, but do be aware that indexing of very large collections (>10000) may take some time, especially on lower powered devices." volumio.github.io/docs/FAQs/Audio_Sources.html It's not clear whether this applies to locally mounted drives or NAS/remote or both.

My experience was that Volumio could not read in 6000 songs while trying for 4 hours.

Using Volumio with NAS, and library not large? 1 week 2 days ago #41808

• dreite
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 608
Most likely you have other (non-audio) content in the folders that are being scanned. (That will "hang up" the scan.)
My NAS contains about 4000 tracks and Volumio will successfully scan it in just a few minutes.

Dave.
Moderators: devteam