Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us) as this is the official path for support by our team. Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: power supply for SHD vs SHD Studio

power supply for SHD vs SHD Studio 3 weeks 4 days ago #41549

• xrqp
  • Fresh Boarder
what are the differences on the power supply for SHD vs SHD Studio, other than one is internal and one external?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

power supply for SHD vs SHD Studio 1 week 5 days ago #41754

• xrqp
  • Fresh Boarder
minidsp replied to my email w same question. They wrote:
"The SHD Studio and SHD actually don’t share the same power supply section at all.
- The SHD Studio is an all digital unit, it’s therefore not requiring the same split rail supply that any analog unit would need (+/-15V). The power supply is an external brick
- The SHD is an analog + Digital unit and has an internal Switched mode regulated supply.
Knowing the SHD Studio is all digital, you’d want to pay attention to the power supply of your 3rd party DACs for your concerns I believe."

Yes, the power supply can be important to SQ not only for the streamer (SHD and SHD Studio), but also for the DAC.

I guess it is a switched power supply with digital regulation (hence digital power supply?) But regardless, after this post, I have since become satisfied that the SHD Studio power supply is very very good.
Last Edit: 1 week 5 days ago by xrqp.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam