Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us) as this is the official path for support by our team. Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: SHD questions

SHD questions 2 months 17 hours ago #39770

• Strummer61
  • Fresh Boarder
I’m interested in buying the SHD as long as it will completely replace a Pre amp.

Plan is to use it in a Stereo + Sub (maybe 2). Directly feeding Subs & main speakers.

Questions :

- The SHD has a single knob, but can control Volume, Inputs & presets. How does it switch between those functions?

- I would rate my technical ability at 2/10. Will the SHD work as a Preamp straight out of the box? IE, will it output an un treated signal until I can get my head around measuring my room & setting curves?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SHD questions 1 month 3 weeks ago #39840

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 952
@Strummer61

Surely, that's perfectly fine to use the SHD as your preamp. That's how we're using it here... :-)
- Yes, you can indeed use a single knob to control volume/inputs/presets. It's a push/turn process with the front knob OR using a remote.
- Check out the default configuration. It's already as a 2.0 configuration out of the box. If you want 2.1, just read the user manual p59, it's very simple to use.

Any question, feel free to contact our tech support team. (support.minidsp.com).

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds