Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us) as this is the official path for support by our team. Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: crackling noise between tracks

crackling noise between tracks 1 week 1 day ago #39445

There is one issue I haven't been able to solve: there is this crackling noise, that is, usually a single crackle (sometimes quite loud, other times a series of quiet crackles, the type that you hear when you play a vinyl record), between tracks, whatever the source. I initially thought it only happened when I choose a new track by hand, but it also occurs when Volumio plays a whole album without my intervention, off my Synology, for instance, or through the Spotify plugin. This is sounds like some digital distortion problem with the SHD Studio. Has anyone else experienced this? I must say I find it very frustrating.
I am using my Pioneer N50a streamer as my DAC, that is, the signal goes from the Studio to the Pioneer via a coaxial cable, and then analog cables to the amp.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

crackling noise between tracks 5 days 6 hours ago #39513

• roksan1970
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Well I have the same problem with my Studio.

crackling noise between tracks 2 days 16 hours ago #39551

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 927
Dear Both

Good news, we may have found the solution to this issue. :-) Please start a tech support ticket with our team. (support.minidsp.com)
We'd be happy to send you a beta test binary to test this on your unit. It did the trick for us.

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: roksan1970

crackling noise between tracks 2 days 2 hours ago #39563

Thanks for this! Would this install the newest version of Volumio? I'd like to keep using Spotify, so I'd rather not have the new Volumio build you mentioned in another thread. Does this make sense?

crackling noise between tracks 1 day 7 hours ago #39575

• roksan1970
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Well the crackling noise is gone. But I have now problems to upload the Dirac settings to the Studio.
Moderators: devteam
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds