Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us) as this is the official path for support by our team. Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: Dirac Live - Speakers sounds broken?

Dirac Live - Speakers sounds broken? 3 weeks 2 days ago #38922

• janterje
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all,

I am getting a 'bad sound' when using dirac. As if the speakers is broken. This is OK when i turn off dirac (no issue with speakers).

My setup:
Digital sources -> Minidsp SHD set at 0.0dB volume -> XLR Analog out to pre-amp -> XLR to Ncore Hypex amp -> Speakers.

In the Dirac Live application i have the Minidsp SHD set at 0.00dB. Microphone is set so the noise level is no more than -24db. I adjust volume on my pre-amplifer.

What could i be doing wrong?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dirac Live - Speakers sounds broken? 2 weeks 3 days ago #38975

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 919
@janterje

I think that the issue is the way you maybe did the measurement?
When performing a measurement, you want to slowly increase the volume BUT don't go to 100%. The volume for the mic shouldn't be at -24dB. That's too low. i.e. you're reversing the ratio..

Best to have maximum volume at -10dB in Dirac live, then have the microphone at higher gain. If the level is still too low, increase the volume at the amplifier.

Hoping this info helps.

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds