Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us) as this is the official path for support by our team. Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: 4-Way Speakers with SHD?

4-Way Speakers with SHD? 1 month 6 days ago #37997

• Hoffmann
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi folks,

reading the manual I see a 2x4 Matrix which may suggest that it may be possible to design a 4-way active system with the SHD. If you use two of them in parallel 4-way active Stereo would seem possible. Am I dreaming?

Thanks,
Winfried
The administrator has disabled public write access.

4-Way Speakers with SHD? 1 month 6 days ago #38000

• Umlautica
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I think that the answer depends on how you would plan to use the source input, it seems like more trouble than it's worth. Keeping the volume in sync could be a headache.

Maybe wait for the SHD Studio to come out and then add something like the opendrc-da8 to the SPDIF output of it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

4-Way Speakers with SHD? 4 weeks 1 day ago #38095

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 898
As @Umlautica very rightly suggest, I think that it will be a bit more trouble..
An SHD studio (feeding 2 x DSP doing your crossovers) might be easier for that reason. Source + Room correction (SHD Studio) - > 4way crossovers done in another DSP.

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
Moderators: devteam
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds