Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about how to use REW.

NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. Remember to click on THANK YOU button to keep the spirit high. :-)

TOPIC: Some improvements for room correction measurements

Some improvements for room correction measurements 1 year 2 months ago #32976

• Leif
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello!

I have things which would improve the way how I create room correction setups. Maybe these would help others as well.

A target curve in the AllSPL window would be pretty useful. I know that you can create your own house curve. But when measuring at different levels, bassmanaged or not the creation of this curve is pretty time consuming. Since a target function already exist in the EQ simulation, I propose that you can either write that out and read in as a house curve, or that there is a global target function which can be used in the AllSPL.
That would help a lot when using an external EQ (for example one which is not in the simulationlist) to get to a desired target curve.

For room correction I measure a few places around the main position and average them. Then I measure at the main position. After that I look at both and try to get the main response good, without getting the average of other places worse.
For this I am using the EQ simulation. Therefore it would be pretty useful to simulate the effect of EQs to more than one curve at the same time. At the moment I always have to copy the settings over into the other EQ simulation.

These are two things which would help me the most.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds