Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How do I do this? 7 years 9 months ago #12335

• Rodney Gold
  • Rodney Gold's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 9
Im pretty new to FIR filtering , done a fair amount of DSP RC using other devices , but I need some advice.
My path is a digital source into an OpenDRC - di and then into Meridian DSP6000 digital active speakers+twin SVS subs.
IE the speakers have everything built in , x/over/pre/dac/amps etc. subs are active , but I have a Meridian 568.2 processor that sends analog line level to subs and digital to DSP speakers, the processor controls x/over tween the DSP speakers and subs and controls sub levels - so the DSP speakers and subs are seen as "1 speaker"

My 11m x 7.5m dedicated room is well treated in the mids and Hf - bass is an issue - currently I'm using a Dspeaker antimode 2.0 to "correct the bass"

I want to use rephase to "equalise" the speakers/subs at my listening position..I have a umik1 mic.
IE the openDRC sees the speakers and subs as a whole is it is in the digital input path before the Meridian 568.2 processor
I have read the rephase threads and am getting very confused.
I want to measure the speakers at listening position , apply a target curve and generate the FIR filters for the openDRC.
I will then use the PEQ in the openDRC to tweak to taste.
I need a simple explanation of how to do this..I am not bothered about crossovers etc = but would like to get phase right as well as the EQ.
Any help out there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How do I do this? 7 years 9 months ago #12344

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1588
Hi, s a starting point, are you able to use REW and the UMIK to get an in-room measurement of each speaker?
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?

How do I do this? 7 years 9 months ago #12345

• RodneyGold
  • Thank you received: 3
Yes, I can do that...

• Page:
Moderators: devteam