• Page:

TOPIC:

Re: phase linearization plugin for OpenDRC 9 years 4 months ago #6513

• pos
  • pos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
A new version is online on sourceforge (0.7.4), now including Horbach-Keele filters.

The next version will show the target and result magnitude/phase curves.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by pos.

Re: phase linearization plugin for OpenDRC 9 years 2 months ago #6955

• mr-marlen
  • Thank you received: 7
That is really Great work!
Can we have an option to load FR an Phase response from text files?

Re: phase linearization plugin for OpenDRC 9 years 2 months ago #6956

• mr-marlen
  • Thank you received: 7
I got 3way system and using FIR correction of system phase to make it more near for the point source. I am using measured information from 400Hz and below it I use box simulation of woofer. In fact group delay of woofer are not about 5ms as in simulation(closed box) and measures more. So i am correcting phase of the woofer and then import everything in CAD. In CAD i am making filters for the listeners point about 2,5m and getting FR and Phase of the system.
After i am exporting FR an Phase to the text file and making 0db (Flat FR) for FR counts. Then using this file i am converting it to impulse response and get my FIR correction. Because I do not using complex FFT i am getting some difference between correction FR and flat FR. So after i am using some software from audio redactors to make FR more near to flat. My best resault is about +-0,2dB.
And i think using this programm i can get best result :). Was thinking about mathcad programming for this purpose but now...

Re: phase linearization plugin for OpenDRC 9 years 2 months ago #6959

• pos
  • pos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
Hi mr-marlen,

Thank you.
I will probably add an option to import magnitude/phase response in rePhase in the near future, but only as guidline for manual corrections, not for doing automated corrections.
I would like to make it easy for the user to switch between several measurements, and maybe average them, to see the effect of a given correction not only for a single point in space but for several points, angles, etc...
If you want automated corrections of both your speakers and room then DRC-FIR is probably the best tool to use (together with Align2 for example), but if you want to specifically correct your speakers by doing manual corrections based on theoritical asumption (crossovers, BR tuning, etc) and measurements (deciding what should be corrected and what should be left untouched) then you can use rePhase.
rePhase can also generated linear phase filters (for the upcoming and awaited minidsp multiway FIR filter based on the openDRC hardware!).

By the way, rePhase is now in version 0.9.2 and include a real-time graphical representation of the correction (and effect on an imported measurement should appear in the near future, as explained above) as well as some other features.
see change log here: sourceforge.net/projects/rephase/files/
The following user(s) said Thank You: davewantsmoore

• Page:
Moderators: devteam