Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: rePhase 1.2.0 graph window

rePhase 1.2.0 graph window 2 years 6 months ago #31980

• gin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello beautiful people,
Would like to ask for help using rePhase 1.2.0. By no means I'm a guru using this software ,witch is amazing from mine point of view ..
In a first picture is a graph in REW .. witch is exported to text file ,using File→Export→Measurement as Text.
File is imported to rePhase 1.2.0 successfully,but the problem it is how this graph looks in rePhase window..it is a mess.
Dear people can I do some thing to normalize that view ?

Sincerely thankful in advance
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

rePhase 1.2.0 graph window 2 years 6 months ago #32031

• pos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Hello Gin,
You need to set the gain offset in the import tab to something like -80dB in order to see the magnitude trace.
You should also apply some form of smoothing/gating in REW in order to get something usable.
download the last version of rephase here: rephase.org
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by pos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam, gin

rePhase 1.2.0 graph window 2 years 6 months ago #32033

• gin
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you Pos for helping me out..same how have figure out view change.(.rePhase window.JPG)
Have encounter other phenomena in MiniDsp 2x4 HD and sample rates from rePhase..
Situation :
In rePhase you can encode filter only with 1024 samples and such filter it is possible to import to MiniDsp with no sweat. rePhase 1024- 2048.JPG
But in such case when you loading filter to Mini Dsp(send to DSP) you have warning as MiniDsp happily can take 2048 sample filter. MiniDsp 1024.JPG

Know after resample rePhase to 2048 samples MiniDsp refuses to import such filter. Mini Dsp 2048.JPG
Any advise on a matter?

rePhase 1.2.0 graph window 2 years 6 months ago #32034

• gin
  • Junior Boarder

pictures

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by gin. Reason: cant load pictures

rePhase 1.2.0 graph window 2 years 6 months ago #32039

• pos
  • Platinum Boarder
Gin,

I am not familiar with the 2x4HD plugin, but I think the output format you selected is the right one.
Sampling frequency should be set to 96kHz instead of 192kHz.
Not sure about the number of taps available on the 2x4HD, please report to the manual or ask that question in the dedicated forum section.

If everything is set correctly you should the the same magnitude trace in the 2x4HD interface as the red one you see in rephase when the measurement is bypassed.

As for the other settings (centering, windowing, etc.), optimal values depend on what kind of correction your are doing (minimum-phase EQ or filtering, phase linearization, linear-phase filtering, ...).

rePhase 1.2.0 graph window 2 years 6 months ago #32042

• gin
  • Junior Boarder
Well ...there is miniDSP2x4Hd statement from manual : "FIR filter banks 4 banks of FIR filters - Up to 4096taps".
Just not precisely specified is it each bank has Up to 4096taps or is it 4096: 4 = 1024 tabs for each bank ?

rePhase 1.2.0 graph window 2 years 6 months ago #32043

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1527
Hi, I think you are looking at the datasheet for the plugin. The info you are looking for is in the full manual (download from 2x4 HD page).

:)
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?

rePhase 1.2.0 graph window 2 years 6 months ago #32046

• gin
  • Junior Boarder
Why information should be any different in manual ? There is from manual " The 2x4 HD can compute a total of 4096 taps. These taps can be distributed as you wish across the four output channels, with the limitation that each output channel must have 6 or more taps and can have no more than 2048 taps". So is the same as in a data sheet..... for one channel max .1024 tabs
Lets stay cool.

rePhase 1.2.0 graph window 2 years 6 months ago #32059

• alandbush
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 52
The last image presented, I.e showing the error of exceeding the 'Taps used' limit, also contains the value of that 'Taps used' parameter. The value is 1024 hence the error message.
However, I do agree that the information message, on an earlier image, is a little misleading by suggesting there are 2048 taps available.

I do not have a 2x4 HD but if I have understood the manual correctly each of the 4x output channels can be assigned its own 'Taps used' maximum value. I suspect the default is 1024 taps per output channel, totalling 4096.
The manual suggests that you could set 2x channels to 2042 and the remaining 2x channels to 6, totalling 4096.
The following user(s) said Thank You: john.reekie

rePhase 1.2.0 graph window 2 years 6 months ago #32067

• gin
  • Junior Boarder
Have loaded pure FIR filter to 2x4 HD and to honest ....I don't like it...
It sounds like old days "loudness" function in amplifier. Bass-pronounced in extra low frequency ,nice mid bass is gone. Vocal is pushed back and extreme high frequency pronounced as well.
PEQ filter same how works well for the price.
Off course it is personal preference how to listen your music and the matter of stereo set up.
Mine personal set up is active speakers.
USB -to Fostex HP-A4 ,optical cable to 2x4 HD -to 4 Anaview AMS0100 amplifiers -to modified LX mini speakers.
Have explored possibility to combine FIR and PEQ filters. I think best result is PEQ filter for woofer and FIR filter for midt-hight frequency's.

rePhase 1.2.0 graph window 2 years 6 months ago #32110

• pos
  • Platinum Boarder
When implemented correctly and resulting in the same transfer function (ie limiting FIR to minimum phase FIR, and of course with enough taps at hand) both IIR and FIR should sound identical for all intents and purpose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

rePhase 1.2.0 graph window 2 years 6 months ago #32163

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1076
gin wrote:
Why information should be any different in manual ? There is from manual " The 2x4 HD can compute a total of 4096 taps. These taps can be distributed as you wish across the four output channels, with the limitation that each output channel must have 6 or more taps and can have no more than 2048 taps". So is the same as in a data sheet..... for one channel max .1024 tabs
Lets stay cool.

@gin,
Maybe some misunderstanding as to what we're trying to say here.. let's indeed "Stay cool" as people are trying to help you understand how things work.. .:-)
4096 total taps is the capability of the 2x4HD with up to 2048taps on a single channel. Does this make sense?
The datasheet can be update to add the word "total" and maybe it's clearer?

You can indeed do more than 1024taps per channel (up to 2048), it's up to how you use the 4096 accros the FIR tap pool . Some of our customer do not use FIR on all 4 ch. They may use 2048 on 2ch = 4096 and be completely fine. If you want to get more "Taps available" you just need to set to 0 the other FIR banks. it's a "pool of FIR taps".

Devteam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

rePhase 1.2.0 graph window 2 years 6 months ago #32194

• gin
  • Junior Boarder
Using rePhase I have tray to keep everything to minimum ..was fighting to have Q at 0,7 as well. Goal was to to have FIR and IIR filters as close as possible. Theoretically both filters should sound the same,but it doesn't. Maybe be is a question of software ?.

rePhase 1.2.0 graph window 2 years 6 months ago #32195

• gin
  • Junior Boarder
Firstly I have deeply apprised help from forum members this main reason why we are there,inst it ?
Hopefully our posts will help other people having the same issues.
So it is full RESPECT and huge THANKS to all members of this forum participating.
Have no idea how Administrator understood differentially.
Know to business : " If you want to get more "Taps available" you just need to set to 0 the other FIR banks. it's a "pool of FIR taps".
How to do that ?

rePhase 1.2.0 graph window 2 years 6 months ago #32204

• gin
  • Junior Boarder
re Phase software has separate windows for limiting FIR phase., Im not sure if I have those used right.
To mine knowledge it should look like this (in a picture) to keep FIR phase to minimum.

Thank

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by gin. Reason: missing picture
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam