Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Phase Formatting and Correction

Phase Formatting and Correction 2 years 8 months ago #28971

• psearancke
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I have just purchased an OpenDRC and have had some basic success with some simple PAQ generated in REW.
I am now looking to make some improvements in regard to the speaker phase.
So far I have taken some measurements but I cannot see how to properly format them (so they look more like some of the online examples) and I cannot see how to make a sensible correction in rephase.
I have taken numerous measurements but the one below is 1m from the speaker.
I now have the following graph in rephase...

The graph appears to show that the phase gradually changes from 20hz to 180Hz and there is a step change at about 200Hz and 2200hz. The step changes move the phase by about 360degrees so I'm thinking that perhaps that doesn't matter? (because it ends up in phase again??)

Could someone guide me as to whether my measurement looks reasonable and what steps I should take next?
Thanks.
Peter

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Phase Formatting and Correction 2 years 8 months ago #28974

• psearancke
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Small Edit: Ive now switch on wrap with limits of 180degrees which makes the phase look reasonable consistent, I've added some phase eq in rephase to level the section between 20hz and 200hz.
When I zoom in on the graph it shows that the phase is generally jumping around by +-45degrees. Is this normal/acceptable or will this need to be tweaked?
Also, is their a feature in rephase that automatically adjusts the phase eq or is this a manual process?
Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam