Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to import biquad coefficients into rePhase?

How to import biquad coefficients into rePhase? 3 years 11 months ago #27125

• Ludovic
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all,

I am trying to simplify my audio system as much as possible in my living room (i.e. By just using an Ethernet receiver, DAC, power amplifier, speaker) and relocate other elements in other rooms (LP player, CD player, miniDSP active filter, preamp, ... Of course, I will need to add a power amplifier and speakers :) ).

The loudspeakers in my living room are made of a full range driver in a BR enclosure. Until now, I used the miniDSP to equalize the sound to my liking, and all the different filter parameters are made of biquad coefficients. Now, I would like to use rePhase to generate the impulse response to replicate the miniDSP response, with the benefit of adding a linear phase.

I would like to know if there is a methodology to go from the biquad coefficients from the miniDSP setup to rePhase in order to have an impulse response?

Cheers!

Ludo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to import biquad coefficients into rePhase? 3 years 11 months ago #27126

• pos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Hello

You cannot directly use biquads in rePhase, you have to use the different EQ and filter types provided.
What did you use to generate these biquads?
https//wavetracing.com | rephase.org

How to import biquad coefficients into rePhase? 3 years 11 months ago #27129

• dreite
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 658
Ludo,

In your case, since you're using a full-range setup with no crossover, there's really no reason to pursue linear-phase as an objective. If you equalize the response to flat in the passband using IIR filtering the result will already be linear-phase.

Now, maybe you're talking about linearizing the phase response of the 4th-order high-pass of your bass-reflex box response?? That would be a different case.

Dave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

How to import biquad coefficients into rePhase? 3 years 11 months ago #27135

• Ludovic
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

Thanks for your answers.

Pos, I used the generator from the miniDSP plugin.

Dreite, The filter I applied to the speakers using the miniDSP is to have a baffle step compensation (see this link, where there is a description I followed to build my speakers. In my case, I used the miniDSP to filter the speakers and not the R and L. Also, the response of the filter was found by ear only and contains at least 2 high shelf filters).

My main goal is to remove the miniDSP from my main setup and to use it in an other room. For the main room, instead of the miniDSP, I will use convolution engine from HQPlayer.

The problem is that I only have the biquad coefficients, and I would like to know if there is a way to convert back these coefficients to a filter description (i.e. type of filter, cutoff freq, Q, …) so I can use them in rePhase to generate an impulse signal for the convolution engine I intend to use.

Cheers!

Ludo
Moderators: devteam