Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: rePhase 1.0.0

rePhase 1.0.0 5 years 3 weeks ago #20476

• samoht
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi Daniel,

Yes, that's clear for me. But if you look to the screen shot of Pos, the 2 impulses are 1600 samples apart (-2.200 and - 600).
I'm just saying that the indicated absolute value of gd is depending from the position of the marker, i.e. start of window, and therefore not usuable.
I don't need it anyhow. As long as the curve is nicely flat, my target is reached.

Best regards

Thomas
The administrator has disabled public write access.

rePhase 1.0.0 3 years 10 months ago #27956

• samoht
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi Pos,

I'm testing currently every setting in rephase to achieve the best alignment of the red filter curve with the theoretical one (blue) for a limited number of taps.
Mainly the different windowing options change the results.
My questions are:
1. Does the true amplitude and phase response of the filter looks like the one shown as red on the screen? Or asked differently: can i use any windowing to achieve the best screen picture and filter curve?
2. Can it be the right decision to stop the iteration process when the curve looks good after 2 or 3 iterations. Otherwisewith sidelobes appear after 10 or more iterations?

Best regards

Thomas

rePhase 1.0.0 3 years 10 months ago #27957

• pos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Hi Thomassamoht wrote:
1. Does the true amplitude and phase response of the filter looks like the one shown as red on the screen? Or asked differently: can i use any windowing to achieve the best screen picture and filter curve?
Yes, and sing a larger FFT will give you a more accurate we of it down low.
2. Can it be the right decision to stop the iteration process when the curve looks good after 2 or 3 iterations. Otherwisewith sidelobes appear after 10 or more iterations?
By side lobes do you mean ripples in the stop band?
If that is the case you can use the optimization floor setting (the "to" entry, in dB) to tell the optimizer the dB range it has to consider while evaluating the response. Optimization iterations should stop once the ripple reach the level you specify there.
https//wavetracing.com | rephase.org
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam, samoht
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam