Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: 2 X PWR -ice 125 digital daisy chain not workin

2 X PWR -ice 125 digital daisy chain not workin 4 months 2 weeks ago #37827

• arpatel68
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello ,
I have a DIY 3 way center channel speaker with two PWR -ice 125 plate amp -. 1st PWR-ice is driving the mid-tweeter with a 2 channel output . 2nd PWR -ice is driving woofer in a BTL mode. analogue input with a splitter rca cable works great. I am trying to play around with digital input. I tried the following : Oppo 203 digital coaxial output - cananre impedance transformer -xlr cable - 1st PWR-ice digital xlr input - 1st PWR-ice digital XLR out put to 2nd PWR ice XLR digital input. I am getting music only from 1st PWR-ice . 2nd PWR-ice is silent. Tried to reverse the connection. Getting music only from the connected PWR-ice . Seems like the digital daisy chain between two PWR-ice with XLR is not getting signal forwarded. Any thoughts , suggestions.
Thanks,
Ashwin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2 X PWR -ice 125 digital daisy chain not workin 4 months 1 week ago #37845

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 927
@ Ashwin

We already replied to this via email, but here is for others.
Most likely that the issue is related to the very long able you're trying to run here. SPDIF is lowpower (circa 0.5V) and not meant for such long distance. Try a shorter cable to prove that your DSP configuration is indeed correct.

If it is, you might need to move to AES-EBU (i.e. need an active SPDIF to AES_EBU at your source) and run everything XLR to XLR. It will do the trick.

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds