Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: input sensitivity jumpers ICE 125

input sensitivity jumpers ICE 125 2 months 3 days ago #31966

• taj
  • Fresh Boarder
from the factory, are the jumpers set closed or open? (sorry but amps currently in place- like to get ans before take back apart if possible- thanks

I'm using RCA inputs, problem is volume at max is too low
Q: advantages of changing jumper positions vs changing software input and/or output db settings? (sound quality, etc)
Q: best to adjust input or output db settings (to obtain best quality and higher volume output)?

thanks in advance for suggestions
The administrator has disabled public write access.

input sensitivity jumpers ICE 125 2 months 2 days ago #31975

• dreite
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 501
The jumpers should be in the closed position (higher gain) from the factory.

If you can't get enough volume, it would indicated your source voltage being too low.

Dave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

input sensitivity jumpers ICE 125 2 months 2 days ago #31986

• taj
  • Fresh Boarder
Dave,
Thanks for info.
I went to the input dB settings (orig set at 0db) and adjusted up - top range is +12dB, found +8dB was provided significantly more output- and didn't notice any pbs with sound quality (no clipping, so breakup)... and didn't need to pull out the amps- thanks
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds