Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: continous output 500kHz and ca. 500mV

continous output 500kHz and ca. 500mV 2 months 1 week ago #31879

• Kunzmann
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Dear community
All four (i have two PWR-ICE 125 and two PWR-ICE 250) of my PWR´s have an output of ca. 500kHz and about 500mV measured with an oscilloscope.
I think this is the the triangle square (or saw tooth) pulse generator of the ice power class D module. But i thought there is a low pass filter before the speaker outputs ? Regardless of any Input (or no Input all) there is always this ca. 500 kHz signal.
Two questions:
This means the all speakers will be loaded at any time with this signal. Will be there any problems with magnetostatic or electrostatic tweeters ?
Is it possible to built a low pass filter to stop this signal from the speakers output?
Or all of my four PWR´s are damaged?
Thanks for helping
Thomas
P.S. in principle all four PWR working perfect.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

continous output 500kHz and ca. 500mV 2 months 1 week ago #31891

• dreite
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 501
That's perfectly normal for this type of amplifier.
You could filter the output further if you like......but I don't think it's necessary.

Dave.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds