Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: Volume Control with PWR-ICE Full Digital

Volume Control with PWR-ICE Full Digital 8 months 3 weeks ago #24305

• fbraems
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I wonder what is the best way to control the volume of a 3 way stereo system with 4 PWR-ICE 250 when using a full digital link from audio source to the PWR-ICE ? Is there a way to use the digital control volume of the Music player (i am using PureMusic on iMac) without loss of sound definition and dynamic ?
I wonder if it's possible to daisy chain the 4 PWR-ICE with an AES/EBU link as shown in my plan ?

Best regards

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Volume Control with PWR-ICE Full Digital 8 months 3 weeks ago #24318

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 632
@ fbraems

Nice setup! Based on the fact that each amp can indeed "select" between L or R channel of the AES_EBU feed, it's indeed possible to do this configuration. no problem at all.

For the volume control, do it at the source. It will be the easiest to keep all plate amp in sync. No worries since you're all in digital domain (no ADC- conversion).

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.

Volume Control with PWR-ICE Full Digital 3 months 3 days ago #27547

• Hanski
  • Fresh Boarder
I am planning to build an active 4 way speaker (very similar as the config above). I would like to use digital inputs (mainly optical/spdif) and I am looking for a remote master volume control solution. Does Minidsp have a solution for this?
Last Edit: 3 months 3 days ago by Hanski.

Volume Control with PWR-ICE Full Digital 3 months 2 days ago #27570

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 632
@ Hanski

Unfortunately we don't have a master volume solution for master volume control... the nanoDIGI could do it with say an IR remote but it's a bit redundant ... (2 DSP). www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/nanodigi-2x8-b

Devteam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds