Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: allow for latency on digital pass through?

allow for latency on digital pass through? 11 months 2 weeks ago #23970

• JayM
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Months after building a pair of LxMini speakers and using PWR-ICE125 amps to drive each channel, I am still immensely enjoying the system and the capacity of the dac/dsp/amps to pass through tweaks I have upstream (Gustard U12, and optimisations to W10 via fidelizer) through to the speakers. In fact I wonder why other's haven't proceeded this way. SQ is excellent, and value for money and simplicity are compelling. I think the PWR-ICE125s have also responded well to some tweaks I have done, but that's a story for another day. In fact I am not done on that matter yet.
I have a Gustard U12 providing an AES/EBU signal to the right amp, then digital pass through to the left amp.
Separation between the speakers is about 12-15 feet.
Should I build in some latency on the right amp, because of the pass through arrangement?

thanks

Jay
The administrator has disabled public write access.

allow for latency on digital pass through? 11 months 2 weeks ago #23991

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 981
Hi Jay, I believe the digital link out is just a buffered version of the digital input - it doesn't go through any clocking or resampling or anything. So the delay would be quite minimal.
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam, JayM

allow for latency on digital pass through? 11 months 2 weeks ago #24096

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 659
@Jay,

Indeed exactly like John just said. :-) The output is just an electrical zero delay buffer so no need to worry on this.
The electrical latency between the cable is a non issue I think.. You should be fine I'd say. (i.e. physical distance will more be of an issue).

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JayM
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds