Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Thank You

Thank You 6 years 4 months ago #13003

• orangeart
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
I just wanted to say a thank you to everyone, the Devteam and some of the active members have either helped or inspired me to complete my system and for the first time I have a reasonably linear phase active speaker system.

As some of you know this weekend I was demonstrating my kit at the Scalford hall audio show in the UK. It is an enthusiasts show where all sorts of kit is bought by owners to show to other enthusiasts. It ranges from systems costing a couple of hundred to systems costing into 100K. I was wedged in a small box room with terrible room nodes (8db 80hz suckout) but managed to get things sounding good. When the show opened I was packed out with visitors right until the end. I had lots of compliments and a lot of folk talked at length with me about the minisharc, so hopefully there will be a sales upturn for MiniDSP. Lots of folk returned to the room time after time saying that they couldn't believe that they had been in a room with a multi 10k system and it sounded no where near as coherent as my system. It wasn't the loudest, and it wasn't the deepest but there was only one or two systems that were as coherent and as clear and detailed, even those were a little euphonic.

I should also give a quick mention to Hypex who went above and beyond to make sure that I had a replacement module when I blew one of their amps up earlier last week, they work very well. Are very neutral and even handed and work very well with the sharc kit. Buy from them with confidence!!

I'll get round to posting a detailed build thread at some point.

Thanks again all.

Stefan
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by orangeart.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: curryman, hochopeper

Thank You 6 years 4 months ago #13011

• curryman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 181
Thanks for your report. Seems you had a lot of fun ;)

looking forward to see some pictures and hear about the build :-)

regards, Daniel

Thank You 6 years 4 months ago #13026

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1123
Stefan,

We're certainly excited to hear of this report and can attest that you've been working hard to reach that level. We know based on all your testing you've done, the little bugs you've found and valuable feedback you shared! It's exciting to read of how your custom setup sounded a lot better than a "multi-10k-system"! Gives us a smile on our face that you guys are making great use of the tools miniDSP provides and to see the fruit of few active miniSHARC members and software developers such as Thomas (Pos) and his great rePhase software!

Like Daniel, we look forward to seeing pics if any. We'd love to add them to our library.

Stefan
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.
Moderators: devteam