Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

miniSHARC I2S port pin layout 7 years 6 months ago #13010

• paul_blythe
  • paul_blythe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Some good looking add-on boards appearing for the miniSharc. I'm working on the enclosure for my set-up, but will hold off on doing the rear panel until I know 100% what input method I'll use ... DIGI-FP or miniStreamer.

I completed the initial build of my 8" Peerless enclosures the other week, along with the Frugal Horns MK.3 fitted with Mark Audio Alpair 7.3. The whole 2-way active system was up and running in my main room... Transferred everything into my listening room after a couple of days and measured with REW. The basic levels and frequency response were quite good. PEQ was applied from 30Hz to 800Hz region only, XO between the Peerless & Alpair was at ~250Hz, using BW 12dB/oct on the peerless & LR 24dB/oct on the Alpair.

Measure was taken from the listening position [1.6m] at -20dBFS... everything above 800Hz is purely the Aplair 7.s natural response.

Paul
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by paul_blythe.

miniSHARC I2S port pin layout 7 years 6 months ago #13109

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1290
It's getting there Paul! :-)
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

miniSHARC I2S port pin layout 5 years 8 months ago #22970

• fühlklang
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Paul,

Have you connected the ministreamer and digiFP via i2S? If so, can you provide the lay out of the digiFP i2S input?
Thanx
Michael

miniSHARC I2S port pin layout 5 years 8 months ago #23066

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1290

Hi Paul,

Have you connected the ministreamer and digiFP via i2S? If so, can you provide the lay out of the digiFP i2S input?
Thanx
Michael

@ Michael,

I think that it's similar to your request. You can't use miniSTREAMER together with DIGI-FP into the miniSHARC. It won't work I'm afraid. (2 clock domains and lack of ASRC). Best that you wire the miniSTREAMER to the SPDIF input of the DIGI-FP. (e.g. underneath of the SPDIF input)

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

miniSHARC I2S port pin layout 5 years 4 months ago #25438

• FritsK
  • Thank you received: 1

:( First thing this morning thought I'd triple check the pin-out against my reference notes... and then check my reference notes against the datasheet for the miniSharc... Errr... I'd managed to swap LRCK & BCLK pins around in my ref. notes :ohmy: :whistle:

Paul... I also spend a full day on trying to solve this static on the outputs. Until I actually read all of your posts in this topic and stumbled over this little sentence, which may seem to change it all. (I'm not able to check it right now, but I'm fairly confident it'll work!) EDIT: It works indeed! :woohoo:

What I was able to do is to change the PDF you created and switch the LRCK & BCLK pins on your scheme... And upload it here ofcourse, as PDF (particulary handy for a printed version) and as image (for ease and digital use). Hope nobody will fall into this error again.

miniSharc_pinout_V3 changes:
- Switched the LRCK & BCLK pins on the scheme. The scheme showed these pins pinned the wrong way. They weren't pinned according to the Curryman DAC Manual (page 4), causing some sort of static or hard noise on the outputs. This is fixed in miniSharc_pinout_V3:

Greetings,
FritsK

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

Last edit: by FritsK.

miniSHARC I2S port pin layout 5 years 1 month ago #26724

• philschw57
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello
To Alean :
Please where can we buy this red MiniDsp Expansion port ?
Thanks

Last edit: by philschw57. Reason: add
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam