Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Linking / Volume Control of 2 MiniSHARCs

Linking / Volume Control of 2 MiniSHARCs 6 years 5 months ago #12194

• AppAttack
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

i am planning to build a Multi MiniSHARCs Audio System in my Car.
Much of the Details are clear and i got a lot of Infos from Curryman (thx to him).

But my main concern / Problem is the >Volume control of 2 or more MiniSHARCs at the same time.
I have to make sure that 1% Volume Increase at one of the Units is also 1% in the others.
Everything with only one Volume Controller, and still have the Option of changing Volume on one of the Units without changing the others.

The System i originally planned was a Car PC with SPDIF Output and a SPDIF Splitter to 4 SPDIF Outputs
But for Starters i will use only two MiniSHARCs so im using a dual SPDIF Splitter.
One of the mini SHARCs shall be responsible for the two 15" Subwoofers i will use it with the DRC 2X2 Plugin to have more Taps available for a full Subwoofer FIR Filtering.
The Other MiniSHARC will have to control the two 8" TMTs in the doors, two 5" Speakers on my Dashboard, two Mid Speakers around 2" in the A Column together with two AMTs also in the A Column.

After the Sub MiniSHARC i will use one of Currymans DACs, and after the other one of course 4 of them, will that work? So many DACs on one MiniSHARC?

I want to have a full linear Phase System that is really realiable!.

So you see my Problem with the Volume control is my last "enemy" the new Season of Car Audio Championship im participating starts in April, so i have to be ready with this until end of March.

I sincerely hope you can help me.

Kind regards
Michael
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by AppAttack.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Linking / Volume Control of 2 MiniSHARCs 6 years 5 months ago #12230

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1123
Michael,

Thanks for your interest in our platforms.
In answer to your questions, you'd want to do the master volume control at the source (e.g. HU) rather than on the miniSHARC themselves since it's just technically not possible to have a VOL-FP controlling BOTH miniSHARC.

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam