Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Re: Building a 2 way crossover with minisharc

Building a 2 way crossover with minisharc 6 years 7 months ago #11562

• orangeart
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
pos wrote:
Hi Stefan,

Nice build!
My BIII is still in its box :P

If you only need minimal-phase EQ (which *should* be the case), then you could use the IIR eq on the input section.
Another possibility is to measure you loudspeaker, load hte measurement in a fresh rephase instance, do your corrections, and then replicate them in each of your crossover rephase file. You can also use the IIR section to do these EQs (you need to use proportional-Q minimum-phase EQs, and limit your gain setting to +/-12dB).

Well worth getting the buffalo out, they are great and open up the possibilities for reg upgrade nicely. My two are plain vanilla in this build but moving the clock of board and powering with a super reg (pink fish flea or similar) and using a separate winding and something like a pair of ALWSR's for the AVCC output stage elevates this already brilliant DAC into the territory of MEGA money dacs.

Thanks for your thoughts on the EQ/room correction ideas, simple really, doh. Presumably if I go with the IIR method, I'll have to use one of the biquad methods available from one of the other software partners do do the minimum phase PEQ?

Cheers

Stefan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Building a 2 way crossover with minisharc 6 years 7 months ago #11563

• pos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
orangeart wrote:
Well worth getting the buffalo out, they are great and open up the possibilities for reg upgrade nicely. My two are plain vanilla in this build but moving the clock of board and powering with a super reg (pink fish flea or similar) and using a separate winding and something like a pair of ALWSR's for the AVCC output stage elevates this already brilliant DAC into the territory of MEGA money dacs.
Wow, this is way over my head :p
I wish this could all be assembled using a screw driver...
Thanks for your thoughts on the EQ/room correction ideas, simple really, doh. Presumably if I go with the IIR method, I'll have to use one of the biquad methods available from one of the other software partners do do the minimum phase PEQ?
You can either use the automatic EQ from REW, or set your corrections by hand using rephase.
If you want to be able to directly pass your settings from rephase to the miniSHARC plugin then you need to select "proportional Q" minimal-phase EQs.
If you want to use constan Q EQs then you will have to use ACD tools to convert the settings into biquads.

I plan on implementing a "biquad output" option to rephase in some (distant) future, where you would be able to specify a number of biquads that you have available on your crossover, and rephase would "share" the correction between those biquads and the FIR, to optimize its length (typically sharp and/or low frequecy minimum-phase EQs would be the perfect candidates, as well as filters that would only be linearized in the FIR)
https//wavetracing.com | rephase.org

Building a 2 way crossover with minisharc 6 years 7 months ago #11564

• orangeart
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks Pos, I'm happier doing it by hand in rephase so I'm only correcting where I want to correct. but how do I go about passing those settings from rephase to minisharc input iir EQ section? I can only see how to export FIR filters from rephase.

Once I understand how I can do this I'm set really and I can finally get round to doing screen shots and piccies as I promised you I would.

Stefan

Building a 2 way crossover with minisharc 6 years 7 months ago #11565

• pos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
You would just need to replicate your EQ settings from rephase to the miniSHARC EQ section.
To do this you would have to use the same EQ types in rephase as the ones used in the miniSHARC, that is minimum-phase proportional Q (and also limit your correction settings to fit the limits of the miniSHARC, which is +/-12dB I think).
https//wavetracing.com | rephase.org

Building a 2 way crossover with minisharc 6 years 7 months ago #11566

• orangeart
  • Gold Boarder
pos wrote:
You would just need to replicate your EQ settings from rephase to the miniSHARC EQ section.
To do this you would have to use the same EQ types in rephase as the ones used in the miniSHARC, that is minimum-phase proportional Q (and also limit your correction settings to fit the limits of the miniSHARC, which is +/-12dB I think).

Brilliant Piece of info that Pos, obvious now you've told me :oops:

I think this thread will become a good resource for folk, there is some good info in here now. :cheer:

Stefan

Building a 2 way crossover with minisharc 6 years 4 months ago #13123

• dublin78
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi orangeart

Are you feeding the Buffalos I2S from the miniSHARC?

Re:Re: Re: Building a 2 way crossover with minisharc 6 years 4 months ago #13124

• orangeart
  • Gold Boarder
Certainly am.

Re:Re: Re: Building a 2 way crossover with minisharc 6 years 4 months ago #13125

• dublin78
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Cool
Was this straightforward?
Did you need to use the recently updated firmware?

Re:Re: Re: Building a 2 way crossover with minisharc 6 years 4 months ago #13126

• orangeart
  • Gold Boarder
Very, the buffalo is very tolerant of whatever you throw at it. Check the integration guide on to for the differing names they give to the connection. This works with any firmware. I've not used the new slave firmware yet.
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam