Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Re: OpenDRC AN problems

OpenDRC AN problems 7 years 4 months ago #8840

• etl17
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi there,
After just a couple of days my OpenDRC seems to be broken.
Although the sound processing is still working and I can switch between the four configurations and adjust the volume from the device, I cannot establish a USB connection or control the device using my IR remote.

What is the proper process for gaining support or warranty claims?

Thank you in advance,

--Stefanos.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: OpenDRC AN problems 7 years 4 months ago #8843

• etl17
  • Fresh Boarder
After a little further investigation. I can see that an "Unknown Device" is getting registered on the Windows device manager. However, the OpenDRC 2x2 application (or even the miniDSP_upgrade_tool) doesn't seem to recognize it as the OpenDRC device. Also the remote is now functional again (but of course no way to configure it further since the OpenDRC 2x2 application cannot connect)... Very weird behavior indeed! Please advice how I can troubleshoot / investigate further.

--Stefanos

Re: OpenDRC AN problems 7 years 3 months ago #8850

• etl17
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok. I was able to troubleshoot and narrow down the issue further.

I decided to open the box and attempt to connect to the mini-USB adapter located on the DSP board directly. I've got the same results. No connection!

Then I thought that maybe the issue is somehow related to the ADC/DAC board (that also hosts the rear USB port). With that in mind, I disconnected the cable bridge that runs from the DSP board towards the rear USB plug (I left the main ribbon cable attached between the DSP and the ADC/DAC boards).

Voila! The mini-USB port on the DSP board was now functional! So, it appears as there is some kind of short or interference either on the usb bridge cable, the rear-USB plug on maybe on the ADC/DAC board traces close to the rear-USB plug.

Do you have any recommendations for narrowing it further down? Recommended next steps?

--Stefanos
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by etl17.

Re: OpenDRC AN problems 7 years 3 months ago #8886

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1125
Hello Stefanos,

Sorry to hear your issue with what indeed sounds like a faulty USB connection. We can see that you already emailed us separately, we'll reply to you directly. It's possible that it's a simple EMC ferrite on the path that is causing the issue. Please check your email shortly.

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

Re: OpenDRC AN problems 7 years 3 months ago #8898

• etl17
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for helping me out resolving the issue. OpenDRC is an excellent product and provides outstanding value for its price.

Thanks again,

--Stefanos

Re: OpenDRC AN problems 7 years 3 months ago #8925

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1125
Glad to hear that we could help! Have fun with your unit.

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.
Moderators: devteam