Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Re: Self-contained muting

Self-contained muting 7 years 4 months ago #8668

• dowop72
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all,
I watched the following phenomenon several times:

When I switched on my preamp (the OpenDRC is integrated in the tape-loop), the sound was muted automatically by the OpenDRC. So I had to connect the USB-cable to my laptop and turn the muting off manually.

Has anyone an idea about the cause? Is it possible, that my Logitech Harmony causes the fault?

Thanks for your help
dowop72
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Self-contained muting 7 years 4 months ago #8695

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1125
Have you checked if maybe you're simply using the same command for "turning off your preamp" and the "Master Mute". Sounds like the most probable cause here.

Re-program the OpenDRC master mute to another command would be the way to go.

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

Re: Self-contained muting 7 years 4 months ago #8752

• dowop72
  • Fresh Boarder
On monday I have masked the IR-sensor with black tape, until yesterday the error remained 3 times. Sometimes its useless to connect to the device, only unplugging the powercord has an effect. :angry:

What can I do? May I reset the device?

Re: Self-contained muting 7 years 4 months ago #8786

• devteam
  • Administrator
Hello,

Have you tried what we suggested above, i.e. just reconnect to "reprogram" (no need for any reset) the IR code that you learned. Just change the code to "another" setting. Most likely, there is an IR code being shared here (especially if you have a universal remote).

Does this make sense?

DevTeam

Re: Self-contained muting 7 years 4 months ago #8800

• dowop72
  • Fresh Boarder
No, I have not changed the IR-code, because my Universal Remote (Harmony One) doesn't know it. It's not in the Harmony-database. My suggest was to mask the sensor, so it can't recognize the IR-signal. But that was not the fault.

Re: Self-contained muting 7 years 4 months ago #8838

• devteam
  • Administrator
Ok, let's backtrack here a bit. Please have a look at the user manual on the IR learning page. You will see that it's not the Harmony One one that has to "learn" the IR, but it's the OpenDRC. In other words, here is what we would recommend:
1) Configure your Harmony ONE remote to be configured for control of a device that you don't have in your Audio chain. e.g. NEC type product. You MUST make sure that you don't use a similar device as the one you currently have else you can have some "overlap"
2) Go to the OpenDRC plug-in and proceed to the "IR learning" steps when connected to the device. It will configure the OpenDRC to "learn" these IR code.

Makes sense?

Our guess is still an overlap basically on the default IR code (configured @ factory) and your current Harmony ONE IR configuration.

Hoping this clarifies.
DevTeam
Moderators: devteam