Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Re: Simple hardware modifications

Simple hardware modifications 6 years 6 months ago #8490

• mschuerig
  • Fresh Boarder
For my taste the indicator LEDs on the front are much too bright. They would have made a flashlight proud. Too lessen the brightness, I'd like to stick a colored foil between the LEDs and the front panel. The panel itself is screwed to the enclosure, no problem there. However, I couldn't get the knob off the volume control. Is it even possible to detach it without breaking anything? I haven't yet dared to pull on it very hard.

While I'm at it, I'm considering adding a power switch. Is there a reason there isn't one to begin with?

Michael
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Simple hardware modifications 6 years 6 months ago #8492

• thomasjefferson
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
You can pull the knob right off. It comes detached with other systems.

Others have commented about the lack of a power button or switch on the 4x10 box. Standby power is negligible so leaving the power on is okay, but it does seem reasonable that you would have a switch.

Re: Simple hardware modifications 6 years 6 months ago #8520

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1052
Michael,

Thanks for the feedback.
You can indeed easily remove the knob from the front panel as correctly suggested by Thomas. Then just remove the 4 screws at top (front/rear panels). We can modify future version of the VOL-FP with a less bright LED. Thanks for the suggestion.

Power switch is also something that was asked, we can see in future version. You can easily add one in line to the unit.

Hoping this info helps.

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
Moderators: devteam