Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: high piteched sound on the right channel [SOLVED]

high piteched sound on the right channel [SOLVED] 6 years 11 months ago #6859

• pos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Hello devteam,

A friend of mine just received his openDRC two days ago (digital version), and is having a problem right out of the box:
He gets a high pitched noise on the right channel as soon as the unit get powered-on, even with inputs unplugged, and in all input modes.
He also get the normal sound coming from the SPIDF or AES/EBU input in the background, but this noise stays in the foreground on the right channel (it seems to be quite high in level, and not sensitive to the volume control position).

Is this a known issue?
download the last version of rephase here: rephase.org
The administrator has disabled public write access.

high piteched sound on the right channel [SOLVED] 6 years 11 months ago #6884

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1052
Hello,

This is an odd issue. I'm guessing that you actually already emailed us and duplicated this post here? We've never heard of this before but the most likely is an incorrect configuration of the DSP (e.g. FIR/biquad). Being all digital, the likelyhood that only one channel is messed up is very very low. Most likely an incorrect DSP structure is loaded.

Have a try at a restore to default first as per our email.

Devteam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.

high piteched sound on the right channel [SOLVED] 6 years 11 months ago #6897

• pos
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Devteam,

Yes my friend already send you an email about this, sorry for the cross posting :silly:
Anyway, he will send me his openDRC so I can test it here (I already have a working openDRC) and report. I expect to receive it next week or so...

high piteched sound on the right channel [SOLVED] 6 years 9 months ago #7529

• pos
  • Platinum Boarder
oups, forgot about this thread :ohmy:

The problem is solved, it seems. In fact it looks like there was no problem, to start with:

My firend send me his openDRC and I there was no problem I could detect on my system.
He then tried his openDRC on a passive system and all was okay as well.
So the problem is in his active setup (DCX2496). It does not appear when the openDRC is removed though, so it looks like a bad interaction (maybe bad AES/EBU cabling...).

Anyway, he is now using a pair of Hypex PSC2-400D plate amps and the openDRC is working floawlessly with them, doing volume control duty and phase linearization.

high piteched sound on the right channel [SOLVED] 6 years 9 months ago #7568

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1052
Thanks for the follow up! Glad to hear that the setup is now working and that the noise wasn't from our side. :-)

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
Moderators: devteam