Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Re: OpenDRC

Re: OpenDRC 7 years 6 months ago #5284

• key08rus
  • Fresh Boarder
devteam wrote:
As for latency, it depends on your FIR filter length. (calculation available online). Our internal latency without the FIR is about 3-4ms.
DevTeam
Is it possible to align latency of channels with different FIR filters? And can be OpenDRC boards stackable (to make desired 4way crossover/filter/delay)?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: OpenDRC 7 years 3 months ago #5883

• Hoon
  • Fresh Boarder
devteam wrote:
Further information is about to be released about our software partners. We're put that info live by middle of today or end of the week end if all goes well.
DevTeam

Hi, is there any update on this ? Can somebody recomend me a software please ?B)

Re: OpenDRC 7 years 3 months ago #5896

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1052
@ Hoon,

Please have a look at the application section which describe an option using AcourateDRC:
www.minidsp.com/applications/digital-room-correction/drc-basics
www.minidsp.com/applications/digital-roo...rrection/acouratedrc

Hoping this info helps

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.

Re: OpenDRC 7 years 3 months ago #5918

• Hoon
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks. So as I understand it, the only way to upload a FIR filter into an OpenDRC is through a .bin file & AcourateDRC, correct ? Is there any way I could import a .wav file into it ?

Re: OpenDRC 7 years 3 months ago #5921

• curryman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 181
Impulse response files (filter files) can be imported to OpenDRC via .bin files or manually (copy and paste, e.g. from excel or ASCII).
.bin files can be generated with acourate but there may be other programs that can generate those files (e.g. have a look at DRC Free). I imported filter files manually from own scilab code written by forum member crumboo.
So, to summarize: there are many ways to generate filter files and to import them to openDRC ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hoon

Re: OpenDRC 7 years 2 months ago #6276

• Hoon
  • Fresh Boarder
curryman wrote:
I imported filter files manually from own scilab code written by forum member crumboo.

Can you please explain a bit ? I tried Acourate but is giving me some trouble with my external soundcard ( same that has been working fine with DRCOP or REW ). Then, following your advice, I tried
the software from drc-fir.sourceforge.net. I measured the room and got my filters all right. How do I upload them ? From what I understand ( newbie here ) a *txt file for each channel containing needed info are created but if I open one of those looks like the format from the file and what I should import to OpenDRC doesn't match....:S

Thanks in advance.

Re: OpenDRC 7 years 2 months ago #6280

• curryman
  • Platinum Boarder
You need to import the FIR coefficients (actually the inverse impulse response of the system to be corrected) into the DSP using the openDRC plugin software. There are two ways of importing the coefficients according to the given format:
  1. If you have *.bin files according to IEEE754 format you can load them directly in the plugin software (file mode -> browse, see openDRC-DI user manual)
  2. If you have text files including your coefficients you can simply copy/paste the coefficients into the plugin (text mode -> open text file with editor and copy all coefficients, then paste into the plugin [clear taps -> strg+c -> process])

Let us know if it works ;)

btw: Acourate will only accept ASIO soundcards! If you don't have asio drivers for your card (e.g. build in soundcard) have a look at ASIO4ALL (google ;) ). Acourate is really easy to use and gives great results:cheer:

Re: OpenDRC 7 years 2 months ago #6282

• Hoon
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks curryman.

I problably should post this on the newbie section but since you clarify some of my doubts regarding OpenDRC a month ago ( didn't have the unit yet ) I thought it was ok to use the same thread...

My soundcard ( Cakewalk UA-1G ) supports ASIO driver and I have been using it without problems with REW, DRCOP or even DRCDesigner. When going to the measurement tab in Acourate I get a "ASIO SetSampleRate reported unsupported sampling frequency" error message. The card is set to 44.1khz...

Anyway, I will try to find out a solution for the above getting in touch with Cakewalk or Acourate support.

Meanwhile, I tried DRCDesigner as one of the options you point it out. I did my measurements and generate some filters. I have, inside the DRCDesigner folder, *.txt files that I think are the ones I need to upload to OpenDRC. I'm attaching an example. If I open one of those, looks like the format doesn't quite match with what I can see in the box on the OpenDRC ( format : bxxxx=x.x, in xxxx columns ). Is this the correct file ?
Thanks again.

File Attachment:

File Name: drcOutputL...rmal.txt
File Size:9 KB

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Re: OpenDRC 7 years 2 months ago #6283

• curryman
  • Platinum Boarder
The attached file is a log file ;)

I didn't actually use DRC (just read through the documentation and found it to be very good and powerful ;) ) but Acourate, so I am not sure about the output file formats.

According to the DRC documentation the filter files are stored as *.pcm files in IEEE floating point format (and thus should be usable by openDRC). Your log file says: "Saving Target response signal: LeftSpeaker44100NORMAL.pcm". So have a look to this file and try to load this into the plugin...

WRT Acourate you should contact the developer Uli Brueggemann (E-Mail: ulrich.brueggemann (at) audiovero.de ) who is always very helpful and I am sure he will find a solution ;)

Re: OpenDRC 7 years 2 months ago #6302

• Hoon
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks curryman. I contacted Uli at Audiovero and he solved my problem right away :woohoo: The soundcard needs to be set at 48kHz as this is the frequency OpenDRC works with....:blush: :blush:

I tried my first measurements and filter uploading ( with Acourate ) to OpenDRC succesfully. I'm really happy with the outcome !

Thanks again!

Re: OpenDRC 7 years 2 months ago #6304

• curryman
  • Platinum Boarder
Great news :)

Uli is a really helbful and friendly guy. Sometime it seems to me he never sleeps ;)

Re: OpenDRC 6 years 9 months ago #7558

• Richard
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 68
Hoon wrote:
Thanks. So as I understand it, the only way to upload a FIR filter into an OpenDRC is through a .bin file & AcourateDRC, correct ? Is there any way I could import a .wav file into it ?

If you have a WAV file of the convolution impulse you want use to import into OpenDRC, you can convert it into a PCM or BIN file. It needs to be 32 bit 48kHz mono to start with.

Cool Edit Pro, for instance, can open the WAV file (and make sure it's converted into 32 bit 48kHz mono if not already) then "Save As..." choose option "PCM Raw Data (*.bin,*.pcm)" from the "save as type" menu and then click "Options" button and choose "Data Formatted as 32 bit IEEE Float (0.24)" with zero offset (default) and it will save either a .PCM or .BIN file for you - just rename the extension. This seems to work okay.
Likewise you can open .BIN files into Cool Edit Pro in a similar way by interpreting the raw data format as 48kHz mono 32 bit float (when asked by the pop-up) and choosing those same settings. This succefully opens the BIN files that are created by RePhase specifically for OpenDRC use, for example.
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam