Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

OpenDRC-DA8, for subwoofer DSP. Setup Question 3 weeks 6 days ago #57039

• kevings
  • kevings's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I have an  OpenDRC-DA8  that I'd like to use to DSP my multi sub home theater setup.  I have a Yamaha RXA 3050 with a subwoofer preout.  I was going to connect that preout to the input of the  OpenDRC-DA8 , and then connect the outputs of the DA8 to my subwoofer amps, but now realize that this may not work since the DA8 needs a digital input.  

Would it be possible to go from the subwoofer preout on my Yamaha, to an inexpensive analog to digital converter, and then plug that into my DA8?   

If this wont work, can someone let me know what I can buy to convert the subwoofer preout on my Yamaha receiver, to digital so that I can use this DA8 unit?  Thanks,

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

OpenDRC-DA8, for subwoofer DSP. Setup Question 3 weeks 5 days ago #57043

• mdsimon2
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 84
Yes, you will need an ADC if you want to convert the analog preout to coax digital. I imagine the performance of a very low cost device like that is probably pretty poor but I wouldn't worry about that too much for subwoofer duty (the OpenDRC-DA8 DAC is also not exceptionally high performance but more than adequate IMO). The biggest concern with subwoofer duty would be if the ADC rolled off the low end but no way of knowing that unless you measure the frequency response, with the OpenDRC-DA8 you could also correct that with DSP if needed.

Michael

OpenDRC-DA8, for subwoofer DSP. Setup Question 5 days 2 hours ago #57344

• Doof Britt
  • Thank you received: 0
You know, I faced this problem recently and  Coolutils  got an answer for my trouble. You can find here many other free downloads. For example, I`m using an email viewer from this resourse. Maybe it will be useful for you? Wish you good luck with your work and hope you will find my answer helpful! 
Hello! I work as a freelance copywriter for many years now and I want to tell you my short story. For a long time, I had been looking for a good mail viewer for easy work communication, So then I found Coolutils, and my problem was solved. You can find there many useful free downloads.

Last edit: by Doof Britt.
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam