Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Need help for 2 way crossover with DIGI-FP

Need help for 2 way crossover with DIGI-FP 1 month 2 weeks ago #48718

• Tibdeseg
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello all,

I'm french and my english is not very good. Escuse me for mistakes.
I have a minisharc with digi-fp and vol-fp. i use it for FIR fiter with toslink out.
Now i want to make two way speakers with active cross over. I have catch a second amplifier with dac and spdif connect, but in rooting i have the same signal on toslink and spdif.
Can i separate them ?

Thank you for your help

Thibaut
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Tibdeseg.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need help for 2 way crossover with DIGI-FP 1 month 1 week ago #48750

• xnwrx
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Hello,
no you cannot. DigiFP simply make a copy of inputs or outputs over the different types of interfaces. The OpenDRC-DI pluggin neither manages anything else than stereo.
What you can do (I see two solutions) :
- add another Minisharc+Digi-FP and copy the input signal to both (don't know how you can manage volume control in this case)
- or Change DigiFP for an DAC8 board (or buy an OpenDRC-DA8 which is equivalent) and use the corresponding pluggin. Problem, you will have Analog outputs instead of digital. (you can have 1 SPDIF stereo output if necessary but not two)

That is really something missing in MiniDSP product line : FIR filters and multiple digital outputs

Need help for 2 way crossover with DIGI-FP 1 month 1 week ago #48760

• Tibdeseg
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you xnwrx,

It's a Bad news. I'll try to add a minidac8 to have digital input (digi fp) and analog out.

Thanks for you help

Thibaut
Moderators: devteam