Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Guide - IR conflicts with Logitech Elite

Guide - IR conflicts with Logitech Elite 5 days 23 hours ago #48544

• sos
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello! I recently purchased a minidsp opendrc, and ran into a frustrating issue where my universal Logitech Harmony Elite remote kept accidentally changing settings on the minidsp. It would change the source, mute, other weird stuff and at first I thought it was a hardware issue, but then realized it was simply a conflict with the pre-programmed IR settings. Specifically, the Logitech-spoofed volume control on my Yamaha receiver and the menu button on my appletv were changing settings on the minidsp unit. Interestingly, the original appletv remote would not replicate this issue, but the yamaha remote does.

It's not immediately obvious how to fix this - the included remote obviously has conflicting settings to my existing devices, so I can't use that to reprogram the dsp. You need a different remote control to make it learn. If you have an old remote for a device you no longer use, that could also work (the minidsp IR won't be compatible with all IR remote signals). I didn't, but I did have a universal remote.

1. Open Logitech MyHarmony desktop app.

2. Add a new device. Find some random device that will have enough unique remote functions to cover all of the IR inputs for your minidsp device. I used a Toshiba Ministereo model TY-ASW91. This will now be your 'remote control' you want to program minidsp to recognize.

3. Sync the logitech remote.

4. It's unlikely, but you might want to check that this new device does not conflict with the minidps unit (or anything else on your system) by simply trying the dummy remote on your Logitech remote (under devices).

5. Open the minidps plugin, and go to IR learning.

6. Go through all the inputs one by one, and with your Logitech remote set to the dummy device you just added, assign remote functions to the minidsp inputs.

Disconnect from minidsp software, as you are done.

You can edit the dummy device remote's input names to match minidsp's functions. I actually just deleted the new device when I was finished as I don't need to control the minidsp remotely for any reason and only wanted to solve the IR conflict.

This fixed my issue. I realize this guide may be quite niche and specific, but I figured if it could help at least one person in the future it would be worthwhile.
Last Edit: 5 days 23 hours ago by sos. Reason: typo
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam