Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: DA8 loses USB connection when amp is powered up?!

DA8 loses USB connection when amp is powered up?! 3 months 3 weeks ago #47206

• mcvan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
My DA8 was working fine for many years, but in the last few weeks, it has started to exhibit very weird behavior. The unit is used as a 3-way active crossover, fed from the dig out of the ASUS Essence STX card in my Windows10 PC, with outputs to my 8-ch Rotel 1048 amp. I use a Windows remote for volume. The amp is left off until needed; the PC goes to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity.

1) The 4x8 96k minisharc software loses its USB connection to the DA8 whenever the amp is powered up. Why??
2) If the software is restarted or commanded to reconnect, it does so. But if the amp is turned off & restarted, the USB connection is lost again.
3) Too often, a massive garbage of distorted signal goes into all the channels of the amp at turnon, at extremely high output level. This is extremely unpleasant, and in one instance, overloaded and burned out 2 channels in my amp. I'm now running my backup amp, with the damaged amp in the repair shop.

I have determined that 3) is probably a problem with the PC or Asus sound card coming out of sleep. The garbage noise shows up on the input level monitors in the 4x8 96k minisharc software. I've determined that when the PC is rebooted, the noise does not present.

But I'm having trouble figuring out why the USB connection is lost when the amp is powered on?! The DA8 is not even on the same AC outlets as the amp, which is on its own AC outlet. (Thought I am not certain it is on a different circuit breaker.) In any case, this is weird behavior that has not happened before.

Can anyone help me sort this problem out?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam