Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Cannot connect to the board

Cannot connect to the board 8 months 2 weeks ago #44619

• dowop72
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello all,
I am using an OpenDRC AN since 2012 and the convolution works properly.

But: I am unable to connect to the board via USB. The plugin tries three times to connect and gives up then.

Additionally there's a yellow triangle in Windows' device manager and an error message "Unknown USB-device. Error by obtaining a device description".

Can anyone help me? Is there a possibility for a hardware reset? Or do I need a new MiniSharc-Board?

Edit: Power-cycling the device has no effect.

I am running Windows 10 1903.

Thanks in advance and best regards
Thomas
Last Edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by dowop72.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cannot connect to the board 8 months 1 week ago #44816

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1123
@Thomas

maybe an outdated firmware? Have a trial at doing a manual firmware upgrade for your unit as follow:
1) Disconnect all Audio/Power to the unit
2) Press the RESET button on the top of the miniSHARC (inside the box)
3) Keep pressing the RESET button and insert the DC power to the unit. (while still pressing on reset). Release the reset and connect USB.
4) Try to connect via USB to the unit via the firmware upgrade tool found under Programfiles/miniDSP/OpenDRC -> firmware tools.

You can then try to upgrade to the latest firmware found under our user downloads section as per our manual.

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

Cannot connect to the board 8 months 6 days ago #44858

• dowop72
  • Fresh Boarder
Unfortunately the workaround didn't take an effect. I also tried to reset the board while it was connected to the power supply, but that also failed.

I think only replacing the board would resolve this issue. But at least the functionality is still alive and I don't have to make a change to the configuration.
Moderators: devteam