Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: Newbie PEQ Phase Shift FIR Correction

Newbie PEQ Phase Shift FIR Correction 6 months 3 weeks ago #41141

• TYU
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello All,

First, a big thank you to miniDSP and devteam for putting up with me.

Please forgive my questions if naive.

I am using DSP to EQ my headphones.

I was using the 2x4HD but wanted to experiment with standalone DACs and amps.

Thus I got the OpenDRC-DI which does all the DSP in the digital domain, input and output are TOSLINK.

However I got the OpenDRC 2x2 plugin which seems to have only 6 input PEQ bands and a massive FIR section.

I do want to use FIR to correct the phase shift that comes with use of PEQ. I need a software with workflow where you input your PEQ settings, and then it outputs an FIR compensation for the phase. I think FIR Designer 2 software does this but it costs a lot!!! It has a demo version but I'm not sure it lets you output the FIR file for upload to the OpenDRC-DI. Please help if I'm mistaken. What are you guys using? Is there another solution? Also, do you think the phase-shift for single driver headphones is even audible?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Newbie PEQ Phase Shift FIR Correction 5 months 4 weeks ago #41398

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1037
@TYU

Great to hear of your new OpenDRC-DI purchase! THanks for your continuous support. :-)
How about using Rephase? www.minidsp.com/applications/advanced-tools/rephase-fir-tool

A very powerful free tool.

DeVTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam